cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up DCs with BE

syed_n
Level 2
I am running two domains in one office. each with there own dns, exchange Ect. On one DC i have loaded Backup exec and synced it to a tape library. How do i backup the other DC which is two feet away? Can i do this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RonnyE
Level 4
 Unless a trust is established between the two domains, you can not add it even through "user defined selections". There has to be a trust established before the two domains will communicate.

Ronny

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
All you should need to do is install a Remote Agent on the other server (you'll need to get a license for this).  Then either create a second job to backup that server or add the other DC to your current backup selections of an existing job.

B_Michael
Level 3
 In the Networks menu, choose Logon Accounts.
Create a new logon account for the Domain Administrator account for the second domain.
Select the second Dc from the selection list. If it prompts you for an account, select the account you created for that domain. If it doesn't prompt you while selecting the DC, then just go into the "resource Credentials" section of the backup job and select the correct account for the second DC.

syed_n
Level 2
 The main DC does not see the other DC!!

RonnyE
Level 4
 Hello syed, 

You need to create a trust to get the two domains to see each other. This includes DNS, etc.

http://searchwinit.techtarget.com/expert/KnowledgebaseAnswer/0,289625,sid1_gci1101656,00.html

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc780479(WS.10).aspx

Ronny

kevin_c
Level 4
 You will need to create an explicit trust relationship between the 2 domains with the Domain (which has the DC you want to backup ) trusting the Domain which has the Media server.

Kevin

Hobbs
Level 4
 Probably you can add the second DC manually through the "User Defined Selections" section of theBackup Exec selection list.

Ben

RonnyE
Level 4
 Unless a trust is established between the two domains, you can not add it even through "user defined selections". There has to be a trust established before the two domains will communicate.

Ronny