cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up Exchange 2007???

Carsen
Level 3
Hello,

I upgraded our BackupExec 9.1 server to BackupExec 11d last weekend. I then ran LiveUpdate and applied all hotfixes to bring the server up to 11d Rev. 6235 which is up-to-date as far as I can tell. Once the updates were complete I then pushed out the agents to all of our servers.

Now my question is, how do I backup Exchange 2007??? I installed the 64-bit agent on the Exchange 2007 server and installed the Exchange Agent key on the BE server, but when I browse the server I do not see any Exchange components??? I was used to browsing to the Exchange 2003 server and being able to see the Information Stores and being able to backup mailboxes individually, but I see none of that now with Exchange 2007???

I have been searching for Exchange 2007 Agent setup guides and such, but have had no luck.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Carsen
4 REPLIES 4

Ben_George
Level 3
Carsen,

Symantec released a newer revision about a month ago which is 7170.  This newer revision fixed several bugs with the previous revision.  I highly recommend downloading this and upgrading.

Cheers

Carsen
Level 3
Thanks for the reply Ben.

Is it likely that the 7170 update with correct the issue with not being able to browse Exchange 2007 resources? Why does this update not come down through LiveUpdate? And once I install the update, do I need to push the updated client back out to all servers, only the 2007 server or none of the servers?

Thanks again for your help.

Carsen

Carsen
Level 3
I have done a little digging and from what I can tell, 7170 is a full release (which I am downloading now).

Will this be as simple as doing an upgrade or a full install? Why can't they put out a release through LiveUpdate to push 6235 releases to 7170?

Has anyone gone through the 6235 to 7170 upgrade? Any issues to watch out for?

Thanks,

Carsen

Ben_George
Level 3
Carsen,

I performed the upgade from 6235 to 7170 and I didn't have any problems.  It retained my media set libraries and jobs. 

Why doesn't this come through LiveUpdate?  That's an excellent question and I'm sorry, but I can't answer that.  But once you upgrade to 7170, run LiveUpdate and install HotFix 3.  I think it's 3.  But I'm not sure what that Hot Fix fixes, but it's good to have it. 

I hope all goes well.

Cheers,
Ben