cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up NFS mounts

mattjk
Level 2

Hi all,

We have several NFS shares mounted on our (Windows 2008) BE media server using Services for NFS. These NFS shares are from a NetApp filer, so there is no option to install agents on the NFS server itself.

The question: how do we back these up using BackupExec? The NFS mounts appear as drive letters in Windows explorer and we can read the data from them, but they don't appear in the BackupExec job selection list. 

We've tried adding a user defined option of both the drive letter of the NFS share and also the network path of the NFS share (\\server\vol\ourVol) but neither work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matt

5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Even though you cannot install the code on a filer, if BackupExec thinks the filer OS is a server OS, you need a RAWS or RALUS serial installed to connect

pjooi8
Level 2
Hi Ken,

I have similar problem with Solaris 7. I was not able to install RALUS on the Solaris 7, so I setup NFS, and Windows can map the share drive, however BE12.5d cannot see the share under the selection list.

You mean I need to install the RAWS on the BE12.5d backup server ?
Thanks
PJ

teiva-boy
Level 6
Nevermind...

POST edited due to a completely different issue from original post.

Symanticus
Level 6
Hi All,

so does this means if I make my NFS from Windows Server 2003, i cannot backup that directory using BE 12.5 SP2 ?

teiva-boy
Level 6
Why dont you try?  If it doesnt work, then you will have to go with the NDMP option, or a RALUS agent (depending on where the NFS mounts are coming from)