cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up Remote client that is on a different network

Todd_Hekkema
Level 2
Is it possible to backup a remote client from a different nework. I have for example 10.20.1.15 as the Backup Server IP and the Remote client is 10.20.2.20. I'm getting an error "Logon Account failed to access The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
7 REPLIES 7

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If these machines are in different domains, or if the second one is in a workgroup, specify "connect as" in the format

ServerName\userID or
OtherDomain\userID

and give it the appropriatepassword

Todd_Hekkema
Level 2
Yep, they are on separate Domains, but I've used both Domain Admin accounts and the Domain Admin accounts are in the local Admin group.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- If the Backup Exec server and the system to be backed up lies on a
different Domain then the trust relationship should exist between the two
domains.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Scott_Berkel
Level 2
Certified
How should this be done if we CANNOT establish a trust due to business/politcal reasons?

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello Todd,

- Could you please Update us on the issue..

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Aaron_Jewell
Level 2
Todd,
I do this now. I've created a local acct 'x' on a machine located on a different domain & subnet. Gave that acct backup operator rights to that local machine & then from BE I point to the ip address of the machine & connect as acct 'x'.
All this obviously after installing the agent. Target machine is XP pro.
good luck!

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello Todd,

- Could you please Update us on the issue..

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.