cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up SQL 2014

Marcelo_Miran1
Level 3

Hi, i have Backup Exec 2010 R3 in windows 2008 R2. Rev 5204 service pack 4. I don't can backup databases in sql server 2014 in windows server 2012. I don't list sql service in backup exec browser viewer in job create. What's solution for this? Thanks. This problem is with windows server 2012 or sql server 2014 or sql server 2012? Date post: 29/04/2014. Backup Exec 2012 configure jobs in separate for each host. Is not very good! Jobs created in Backup Exec 2010 R3 is better.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

For now you will have to dump the SQL 2014 data as an internal backup using Microsoft tools  and then backup the file created by the dump.

BE 2012 featured innovative design changes, some of which were not widely embraced by our customers. As such BE 2014, which is currently in late beta testing, seeks to return things like multi-server jobs and certain scheduling features that were available in BE 2010 whilst still keeping other BE 2012 features.

Note: Due to development timescales it is possible SQL2014 may not be supported by the intitial public release of BE 2014 however I suggest you do watch the 2014 SCL when it is made public and also watch our website for updates regarding SQL 2014

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

SQL 2014 is not supported.  See the SCL below

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH137682&key=15047

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

For now you will have to dump the SQL 2014 data as an internal backup using Microsoft tools  and then backup the file created by the dump.

BE 2012 featured innovative design changes, some of which were not widely embraced by our customers. As such BE 2014, which is currently in late beta testing, seeks to return things like multi-server jobs and certain scheduling features that were available in BE 2010 whilst still keeping other BE 2012 features.

Note: Due to development timescales it is possible SQL2014 may not be supported by the intitial public release of BE 2014 however I suggest you do watch the 2014 SCL when it is made public and also watch our website for updates regarding SQL 2014

Marcelo_Miran1
Level 3

For now i am go to dump the SQL 2014 data to disk and after copy with BE EXEC 2010.

In the moment is the best solution.

I hope with Backup Exec 2014 have multi-server jobs equal the backup exec 2010 R3.

Its' important feature is if possible create template jobs source other jobs or export script for new create model jobs. 

I hope Symantec seeks to return things like multi-server jobs and certain scheduling features that were available in BE 2010 whilst still keeping other BE 2012 features.

I wait the new version do BE 2014 with features based in BE 2010 and new features in the year having publicated.

Thanks a lot!!!!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...please remark Colin's answer as the solution as it was his suggestion that got you here in the first place.

Thanks!

Marcelo_Miran1
Level 3

OK. Thank you!

Marcelo_Miran1
Level 3

Yes! This is a better solution. Thanks a lot!

Marcelo_Miran1
Level 3

Yes. It's very important. I wait for BE 2014 official release.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Thanks for doing so!