cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up VMware machines without GRT, but still getting GRT warnings

Anne_Farrell
Level 3

Hello,

I have a backup selection consisting of a single VM (a linux machine in this case).

I have a policy consisting of Full and Incremental job templates backing up to disk, with matching duplication to tapes.

None of the policies have any of the GRT-related boxes ticked (in the Exchange, AD and VMware sections), nor AOFO.

For any jobs with selections containing non-agent machines, such as a linux VM, I still get jobs with a "completed with exceptions" status, with the V-79-57344-38726 and V-79-57344-38725 codes.

Why is this?  I have no GRT options selected.

Backup Exec version 2010 R3 SP1 (13.0 Rev. 5204 32-bit)

VMware vSphere 4.1.

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

newsolutionBE
Level 6

Hi

I can you please check by opening backupexec & go to --tools-option--vmware--& ensure application GRT is disabled & also file level GRT is also disabled & if not please disable them & make new job & check if that works

Thanks

Anne_Farrell
Level 3

But aren't they just defaults for new jobs, and shouldn't affect actual jobs with settings?

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes these are just the defaults.

The important thing is that inside your job/policy configuration under \VMware additionally to deselecting the 3 application GRT boxes you have to deselect "use BE GRT to enable the restore of individual files...". I'm not able to tell from your first post if you did use this setting.

After these 4 GRT Settings are disabled you should no longer receive such warnings.

Anne_Farrell
Level 3

Aah, okay.  I had the first "Use Backup Exec GRT..." unticked, but the three app-specific options ticked.  I assumed that the first would override the others.  After all, the 'failing' server in question has none of those apps anyway, so I figured it shouldnt' matter.

I have disabled the thre other options as well, and will try again.

newsolutionBE
Level 6

Hi

Doing that should resolve those warning please update if the warning still continues

Thanks