Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up exchange 2007 from non-domain media server

Juha_Honkanen
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

I tried to look a similar topics here but could not find anything to help me with my problem.

So here is the issue:

I have three windows 2008 server in same network.
Server 1 is hyper-v host server and it has backup exec 12.5 installed on it. Server 1 is not joined to domain. 
Server 2 is Sharepoint server which is not joined to any domain.
Server 3 is Exchange server and it is joined to the domain.

So servers 2 and 3 are virtual server which are supposed to backed up from server 1. The backing up procedure is working when backing up sharepoint server which is not joined to any domain. The server is in the same windows network than my media server. And also I can backup my host server files correctly. But when I'm trying to make backup selection list of the exchange server the backup exec media server could not see it on the selection list.

So the question is that, how I can backup my exchange which is on domain server from non-domain server?

Remote agents was push installed like they are supposed. I have tried to add my exhange domain manually to the Active directory domain list which is located on the selection list. I can add my domain but when I select it it keeps prompting the username and password. When I type the domain admin credentials it can't still connect to the domain. 

More information about the environment: All servers are windows server 2008 x64 SP2. Backup exec is 12.5. SP2.  
0 REPLIES 0