cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing up using BEMCLI, what about BE scheduler

cmb_psb
Level 2

I am looking to start using bemcli with powershell scripts to backup my environment, (http://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/use-bemcl...) I am wondering what to do about the BE scheduler? I tried placing the jobs on hold but once the job was run using bemcli the job was no longer on hold. Thoughts or suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I think your method is the best way for now.  I did not notice this because all my jobs are one-time jobs and on hold.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Which cmdlet did you use to start your jobs, Start-BEJob or Resume-BEJob?  The former does not release the job from hold, whereas the latter does.

cmb_psb
Level 2

I have been using Start-BEJob which runs the job as a run now. Once the job completes the job is no longer  on hold. I have since added Get-BEJob "Job Name" | Suspend-BEJob after each Start-BEJob in my script. It seems to be working. I didn't know if there is a better way to do this. I really don't want the be scheduler to start running job if that is possible.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I think your method is the best way for now.  I did not notice this because all my jobs are one-time jobs and on hold.