cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backp SQL 2005

Adan_Garcia
Level 2
I have BE for windows servers 10.1 and I need to now if this version can make backup�s of this version of SQL ???
5 REPLIES 5

Howard_Brown
Level 4
Yes, but you need a hotfix to do it. If you run Veritas Update, it will tell you the list, and you can find the one you need to get SQL 2005 support.

Adan_Garcia
Level 2
Ok .. and the hotfix is installed in de console or in the client ??

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Kindly the install the Hotfix on the media server and then install the remote agent again on the server.

Thank You...

Adan_Garcia
Level 2
Thank�s a lot to all for your comments ..

Howard_Brown
Level 4
Apply SP1 if you have not already:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/282818.htm

Note the version numbers. If you search this page for "2005" you will see that SQL Server 2005 'Yukon' support is added with this service pack (there is an individual hotfix for it, but I don't know the KB for it).

After the installation of SP1, you will need to push install all 32bit remote agents, and, I believe, do a manual update of all 64bit clients following the provided instructions.

You can also find this document by running Veritas Update from the BE media server, and scanning through the list of available updates. If you do not see this one listed, you already have it, and hopefully have push-installed the remote agents already.