cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup 11d and oracle server

kevin_russell_3
Level 3
Hi I am running backup 11d to backup a server that has an oracle database on it. I do not want to backup the oracle database just the files on the server as I dont have an oracle agent, however looking in the event logs on the oracle server my back up AD account is trying to log on to the database every night when running. Any ideas on how to stop this as it is crashing the database.
4 REPLIES 4

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Kevin

Have you add any information in the Remote Agent Utility? You should enter nothing in both the Oracle tab and in the Access tab. Leave everyhing blank.

Regards

kevin_russell_3
Level 3
Thx for the reply, Yes All tabs are completely blank. The event log error i get is Event ID 34 and the text says.
Audit trail: ACTION : 'CONNECT' DATABASE USER: '/' PRIVILEGE : NONE CLIENT USER: \ CLIENT TERMINAL: ORACLE STATUS: 1031 .
It happens every night at 23:00 the time the backups start and trys to log on about 3 times before giving up. The backups are succeding ok.

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Kevin

It's so strange that BE tries to log on your Oracle. Are you sure it is not a different process? Try changing the BE account and see if the new account stills tries to logon to Oracle.

Regards

kevin_russell_3
Level 3
thx for the reply, I have changed the account and run a backup and it is deffinately the backup job that is trying to log on to the oracle database as I can see the change in the evnt log. There are 2 instances in the oracle database and it attemots to log on to each one twicw the second the backup starts