Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup 2012 SP3 Throws Error message 0xe0000393

Daedalus0101101
Level 3

Good Morning all,

First off  BE Server Windows 08 R2 Enterprise 64-bit  /  Backup Exec 2012 SP3

I just changed the media on which my exchange incremental backups go to and I started receiving this error message after the first attempt at using the new Backup exec disk.  The whole error is below.   Nothing else changed except changing the device of where the Incrementals are going.   Will this resolve itself if a full backup is ran?  A full Backup goes to one B2D, and incrementals go to another B2D.  The Full has always gone to the first B2D, I just added two more to be used for backups.  Thank You

Job ended: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 at 10:07:03 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000393 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-915

Backup- \\exchange.systeminternals.int\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group
V-79-57344-862 - The Backup Exec Agent for Microsoft Exchange was not used to create the last full b... V-79-57344-915 - Unable to complete the operation. The following error was returned when opening the...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lmosla
Level 6

Hello , 

yes,  the full and incremental backups should run on the same volume (to the same folder).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

lmosla
Level 6

Hello , 

yes,  the full and incremental backups should run on the same volume (to the same folder).

Daedalus0101101
Level 3

As I have it setup now, The Full goes to a B2D, and the incrementals go to a tape library.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This problem is not caused by having your incremental backups on tape although this will cause another problem which I will explain later.

Your incremental job requires the Exchange logs and these are missing.  This can be caused by 

1) running other backup software on Exchange

2) running a VM backup after the full backup, if the Exchange server is a VM.

To start the log running again, you need to do a full Exchange backup, preferably without GRT, then you can resume your backup cycle.

BE 2012 requires the full backup and ALL the subsequent incremental backups to be present when you do a restore.  It is better to keep entire backup chain in one medium for ease of restore.

Daedalus0101101
Level 3

How are the logs missing?    I haven no other backup software running.  It is not a VM.  The logs have been filling up all week.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you run a full backup yet?

Daedalus0101101
Level 3

Yes, and backups are running again fine for it.    As soon as the full ran to the same disk, the incrementals were fine