cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Database Oracle 11G R2

JavierTI
Level 5

good afternoon friends, I have a problem to create backup of Oracle databases on Linux, tell them to migrate to Oracle 11g and Oracle 11g R2 BE BE 2010R3 to 2012, and shows me the error attached, I ask because I support I have no backup of my databases. The BE2012 is installed on a Windows 2003 R2. Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11

JavierTI
Level 5

SOS ....

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you don't have a response yet it means nobody has an idea of where to look to help you.

If you have support, open a support case with Symantec, and once they help you find a solution, please post back here and close this off. I will hit the Escalate to Support flag for you too.

Thanks!

JavierTI
Level 5

Ok, I hope someone has Symantec team parecerecia answer because I rarely finds no support for a technology they sell!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Are you talking about not finding support on Connect or by calling them and logging an official call? If you're talking about Connect, it is a community page used mostly by non-Symantec employees with a best-effort attempt to help you resolve your issue.

Your best bet in cases where forumites here can't help you is to log a support call with Symantec.

Thanks!

JavierTI
Level 5

This community has been very supportive, my only concern is that I have clients with complaints about the product you are defending. The case is now open in the brand.

thank you.

swati
Level 3
Employee

Hello,

Can you please post the contents of alert.log, as here we are getting errors while connecting to Oracle database itself.

"ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-01115: IO error reading block from file  (block # )
ORA-01110: data file 1: '+DATA1/osildb/datafile/system.298.798404229'
ORA-15081: failed to submit an I/O operation to a disk"

Alert log should point to the reason why oracle gave IO errors at the time of connecting to the database.
Also please let us know the user account being used here.

Thanks & Regards.

JavierTI
Level 5

the attachment above is the only one that shows the problem you have is with Oracle 11g R2 RAC with 2 nodes???

I await your response, I also I have this problem ..

swati
Level 3
Employee

Hello,

Please post the contents of an alert.log file to know the root cause of this issue. Also post the account being used. Its not about RAC with 2 nodes as such. RMAN failing to connect to Oracle DB, is the issue.

Thanks & Regards.

JavierTI
Level 5

the worst is that I do not have a proper procedure which gives me the llamrlos Symantec and probe and do not work now if you tell me that is what she would say to oracle ORACLE???? to the problem that derives from Oracle???

JavierTI
Level 5

I have a detail that I want you to know about some laboratories to perform:
1. In an installation of Oracle 11G R2, on a single server without ASM, the backup right out, no problem.
2. In an installation of Oracle RAC with two nodes and using ASM makes no backup of the databases.

What I know is that if BE 2012 is compatible with all the features of Oracle and especially with this version 11G R2, which so far has given me no problems and has even a backup.

vjuhola
Level 4
Partner

"ORA-15081: failed to submit an I/O operation to a disk" says that there may be a broken disk -> check from syslog whether it shows up errors for a disk. Or if not a broken disk, there may be some ownership or permission issues for the block devices that ASM uses -> ask for a DBA to check those, ownership needs to be asmuser:asmgroup and permissions 660

-v