cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup- EX02 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

mshaikh
Not applicable

Backup- EX02 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "Microsoft Information Store". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).

Hello Support,

I am currently running Exchange 2010 in DAG Enviroment consisting of 5 Servers ex01, ex02, ex03, ex04 and ex05. The Database are replicate with other nodes in the following configuration:

Mail Store Database - Servers

Mail DB 1 - EX01 - True, EX03 - False
Mail DB 2 - EX01 - True, EX02 - False
Mail DB 3 - EX01 - True, EX02 - False
Mail DB 4 - EX03 - True, EX02 - False

I am using Backup Exec 2010 R3 to do brick level backups and to backup our information stores.

I have select to backup the Databases with DAG01.xxx.com and I am using the preferred server configuration option to backup ex01, ex02 and ex03 in order.

I have unchecked Use Advanced Option File Option and in Microsoft Exchange Section, the following options are selected

Backup Method - Full - Database & Logs (Flush committed logs)

Use Backup Exec Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)

Perform consistency check before backup when using Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service is checked

Continue with backup if consistency check fails is checked

High Availability Server (Exchange 2007 or Later)

Backup from the passive copy only, using Preferred Server settings if possible is selected.

The Backup runs fine but failed with a VSS Error while doing backup on EX02

V-79-10000-11233 - VSS Snapshot error. A Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) snapshot is already running on the target computer. Only one snapshot can run at a time.  Try running the job later.

I just wanted to make sure if the option is selected correctly to do a brick level and information store backup.

I needed to find out how to resolve this issue, I have looked at the knowledgebase and couldn't find anything related to the DAG Enviroment.

Thank you,

M

1 REPLY 1

Riyaj_S
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried Backing up exchange from the active copy by selecting the option under settings in job properties.