cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Excec Licenses SBS 2011

AskIt
Level 3

I have a ISO Backup Exec 2010 R3.

This is installed on a SBS 2011 Standard Server.

I have installed Remote Agent on the SBS 2011 Premium Add-on (For SQL Server 2008 R2)

Everythings works fine but....

I want to know which license(s) I have to buy to use Backup Exec on SBS 2011 (including Premium Add On). When I check the licenses in Backup Exec, this tells me to buy 2 licenses. Is this ok? I remember we need one lincense for SBS 2008 including Premium Add On.

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

If BE2010 R3 is installeted on a SBS server then you need the license for BE for SBS which 

included following license keys

1) Core product license

2) Remote Agent for SQL, Exchange, Sharepoint.

3) 75 DLO license

If you need to backup an addition server or application the you will require additional license.

AskIt
Level 3

Ok, thank you for your answer.

But, is this the following license on the Symantec website:

http://www.symantec.com/business/products/purchasing.jsp?pcid=pcat_business_cont&pvid=296_1

I have installed Backupexec 2010 R3 (trial) (Not SBS version), this is the same filename (iso) as Symantec BackupExec for Windows Small Business Server. Is this the same version? When I install this version on SBS 2011; I can't see options for Small Business Server 2011. I want to download  Symantec BackupExec for Windows Small Business Server, so I can Try this is an other version. Anybody knows?

AmolB

The link which you have posted has a option of Trialware which guides you to the BE2010 R2 SBS

download page.

AskIt
Level 3

No, not by me.

When I click in 'Trialware' it's starting

Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 for Windows Small Business Server is now available for a free 60-day evaluation!

So I can find here the file with the same filename as Backup Exec 2010 R3 (normal version)

AmolB

The installables are same only the License key differentiates BE for standard and SBS version.

AskIt
Level 3

Ok, thank you!

I am going to buy a license for Symantec Backup Exec for Small Business Server now.