MatBams30
Level 2

Hello everybody,

Hope you can help me.

Informations : 

• Primary server : windows 2016
  • media server : msdp windows 2016
  • versions : 8.0

What's my problem ? I can't modify the HWM to default percentage because the console says that "The operation timed out. The operation has exceeded the time out limit, though the service or daemon may still be processing the request. (195)".

When i try to update configuration of the disk pool, nothing appends. When i try to modify the Storage Server, i can read the error 25 cannot connect on socket.

The tests that i do : 

• Restart services on primary and media
  • Test-netconnection on ports with powershell (similar to telnet)
  • looking with wireshark traffic
  • look at licenses
  • Modify media time out on primary server properties
  • Modify HWM with bpsturep (Invalid argument 4000002)

I'm so disappointed to not found a solution to my problem.

For the moment, the HWM is set to 90%. We have 2Tb of free space unsuable to backup our environment because of HWM sets badly..

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

MatBams30
Level 2

So i succedeed to modify HWM with the command nbdevconfig.

But with the console, i always have the timeout. We will try an upgrade of our environment as soon as possible.

View solution in original post

StoneRam-Simon
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If it works with nbdevconfig but fails in the console that could imply that one or more media servers are not working correctly and are failing to communicate with the storage server..  

I would check that all media servers that need access to the storage server have the correct credentials, and can correctly resolve the host to ip and vice versa  and that they have the correct bp.conf / host properties settings for SERVER/MEDIA_SERVER

If you have media servers listed in the credentials that do not needs access to a storage server remove them from the credentials.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

MatBams30
Level 2

So i succedeed to modify HWM with the command nbdevconfig.

But with the console, i always have the timeout. We will try an upgrade of our environment as soon as possible.

StoneRam-Simon
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If it works with nbdevconfig but fails in the console that could imply that one or more media servers are not working correctly and are failing to communicate with the storage server..  

I would check that all media servers that need access to the storage server have the correct credentials, and can correctly resolve the host to ip and vice versa  and that they have the correct bp.conf / host properties settings for SERVER/MEDIA_SERVER

If you have media servers listed in the credentials that do not needs access to a storage server remove them from the credentials.

Hi @StoneRam-Simon 

Thank you for your idea. I checked with tpconfig on my primary and don't know why the credentials for the storage_server_user are gone. Added with tpconfig and works fine now.