cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exchange 5.5

ED_JONES
Level 3
How Can I backup the Exchange 5.5 Information Store from a Backup Server running 9.1 or 10.0? From the BE server I can browse the older 5.5 exchange server but the Information store tab is greyed out. I can backup exchange2003 information stores from my backup server. I think I need to get a different licence key for my server? a 5.5 key? So far I cant find out just what I need to do.

Ed
4 REPLIES 4

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Is exchange database installed on remote server? Is Remote Agent service running on the server?

Check if Exchange services are running.

Also refer this technote: http://support.veritas.com/docs/242606

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

ED_JONES
Level 3
On the Backup Server I only have the Exchange2003 Administrator program. Do I need to install the Exchange5.5 Administrator program on the BE server as well? Will this cause some kind of conflict having Exchange 5.5 Admin and Exchange2003 Admin on the same BE server?

Prajuctaa_Mulay
Level 4
Hi Ed,

The license for Exchange 2000 is backward compatible with Exchange 5.5, but you require a license per database that is backed up using Backup Exec. Please ensure that you have the appropriate number of licenses to backup Exchange. If you are able to see and backup non-Exchange resources on the 5.5 server then there is no issue with the remote agent. Also, you can perform the registry change descreibed in this document on the Exchange Server and media server if the necessary licenses are installed:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/238618.htm

Restart the Backup Exec services and the Remote Agent on the remote Exchange server.

Hope that helps!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.