cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d Error (0xe00084b8) when backing up Lotus Domino Server on MS Windows Server 2003

dunners
Not applicable
Hi,

I am posting this on behalf of our customer in the United Kingdom.  They are having a problem with Backup Exec 10d Service Pack 3 on a Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition SP1 platform. Their backup jobs keep failing because of this error:

Job ended: 29 June 2007 at 02:38:05  Completed status: Failed  Final error: 0xe00084b8 - An error occurred during backup. See the job log for details.  Final error category: Job Errors    For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33976
Obviously I have followed the link and it has aksed me to contact Symantec Support. Nothing to my knowledge has changed on the Domino Server and the backup job was working fine up until about 2 weeks ago.  All other files seem to be backing up fine.  I was hoping that emailing symantec support would help me with a fix / workaround but that feature isn't running anymore!!  The backup job does appear to be backing up everything else I ask it to (66GB) but cant seem to get around this problem.  Would be grateful if anyone has had anything similar and could give me a few pointers.
Thanks in advance
 Chris Dunn
3 REPLIES 3

james_Lee_5
Level 3
I have the same problem for the last 3 months. I have posted the same question then with no help of solving this problem.

Looks to me that a large number of users are having the same problems with no help from symantec.

Maybe they don't know how to fix it???
or they can be bothered to look in to it.

Maybe we should more to another backup software.

Ashish_Kesarkar
Level 5

Hi,

I am also facing same problem. I also posted the same. But no reply.

What to do?

May be Symantec doesn’t have the solution for the same.

I hear that they are releasing the fix for the same when they are going to release the major upgrade in Backup Exec.

james_Lee_5
Level 3
I may have fixed my problem by doing the following:

1. I installed a firewire card (800) into the server.
2. Plugged a external disk via the firewire 800 port.
3. moved the transactionlogs to the external drive. (i.e you to change your lotus notes transactionlogs settings.)
4. The do an full backup
5. then do incremental backup.
I have ran it for a week we no errors.

Issue seems to be it Transaction Logs are normally recommended to be on:

Raid 1/0
Separate Disk sub-system
Separate Controller
Hope this helps

Thanks

james