cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d Remote Agents

dan0xii
Not applicable

We are in the process of upgrading to Backup Exec 2010 from 10d on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard. When deploying the remote agents we can't do an upgrade so we're having to manually remove the old agents and install the new. However on one particular server, when I go to Add/Remove Programs and click Remove it gives me a dialog saying "The feature that you're trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" and wants me to locate "VERITAS Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows.msi". I found that package on a different server, copied it over and tried pointing the uninstaller to it but it gives me this error message:

"This package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package."

I have tried copying the RANT32 directory from the old media server and running "setup.exe /AOFO: -s -u" with no joy. What else can I try? Are there any logs I can look at for a better idea of what's causing the uninstaller to fail? Thanks,

Dan

2 REPLIES 2

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

You can try the first Resolution mentioned in the following TN

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH31539

Hope this helps.....

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I've just had this myself. I'd start by trying to get hold of the Microsoft Cleanup Utility and running that. Delete the entry for the RAWS installation. Once done, uninstall the SQL instance in Add/Remove Programs if it exists.

Open up your registry, BACK IT UP, and then do a search for any entries to do with Symantec and delete them.

Go to the installation directory and delete the directory. Once done, try the reinstallation again, or with a new agent.