cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d SQL field BackupDate

TechAgentMatt
Level 2
I can get lots of nice data out of direct sql queries to the backup exec sql database.  But I'm stumped on how to deal with the ImageObjectData.BackupDate and ImageObjectData.BackupTime fields.  I concentrated on the BackupDate field.  I assumed it was a date field that was encoded by starting from some known date and serialy incrementing each day by one.  That didn't seem to work.

When I retrieved dates through the backup exec interface to compare to the integer values in the BackupDate field I noticed that when comparing the values of two dates the number of days between the dates did not correspond to the difference in the two integers that were in the backupDate fields corresponding to the two dates.

For the current year, I can get an accurate day by the function BackupDate mod 32 = DayOfMonth.  
I can get an accurate month by (INT(BackupDate/32)) MOD 12 = MonthOfYear

But the above calculations only work for this year, 2007.  As soon as I hit 2006 the dates slide again and the formula has to be adjusted again.

Has anyone else tried to figure this field out?  Has anyone found another field to use instead of this?
I saw in a post that there is a function in the crystal reports user functions dll that specifically takes this integer and converts it to a date.  Can this function be accessed some how outside of crystal reports?
What I'm trying to pull out is the backup sets on a tape and the dates and time of the backup set.

Thanks,
Matt.
0 REPLIES 0