cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 10d recovery

gyorg
Not applicable

We had a server running this that died (NAS got corrupted). We installed a new server to replace it but used server 2008, which Backup Exec 10d doesn't run on. I have the last backup and would like to restore some of the files in it. I have built a temporary Win2003 server and installed Backup Exec, and connected to the backup drive as a backup-to-disk-folder. I can see the media files, 'BD000###', lots of them at 1GB each. I don't have the database that the old system was using. I am uncertain of the procedure to view a list of backed-up files contained therein so I can select and restore some of them. How can I recreate a catalog? Any advice or links to documents is appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You will need to inventory the folder (in  v10d, I think you had to inventory each file separately - check the Admin guide)

Then you will need to Catalog the files from the backup you want

You should then be able to do the restores

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Also to add more to what Ken has mentioned... if the Catalog job fails then please go to TOOLS>>OPTIONS>>CATALOGS and uncheck the option to "Request Media in sequence". There are more chances of Catalog job failing if the media is not in sequence.

Thanks,

-Sush...