cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11D for Windows Small Business Server 2003 - Authentication Error - Final error: 0xe000fe29

shorner
Level 2
I started receiving this error a few days ago, Nothing has changed on the server and I have followed the steps to re-create the administrator account on Backup Exec. The logon credentials are correct yet I am still unable to authenticate to the server to complete the backup job. The server is an AD DC, the files I am attempting to backup are on the same server the Symantec Backup Exec software is installed on and every other server is still able to be authenticated to correctly. Does anyone have any other ideas as to what could be causing this issue?

Job ended: Monday, March 08, 2010 at 11:00:46 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe29 - Authentication failed on connection to the server. Make sure that the user account has the appropriate permissions and that the password was typed correctly.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65065
4 REPLIES 4

shorner
Level 2
Nobody on here has seen this issue before? Well thats alarming...

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Create a new account in AD named : symantec with following settings:
1  : Member of the Domain Admin group and Local Admin Group if Exchange is a member server
2  : Create a Mailbox for Symantec, send a test email and oprn it in OWA to activate the Mailbox.
3  : Make sure that the Mailbox is not hidden from the Global Address List.
4  : Add the account "symantec" as Exchange Server Administrator in Exchange Management Console.

Open Backup Exec, go to TOOLS--Logon Accounts and Change the Logon Account to "symantec", make sure that "system Logon Account" and "Default Logon Account" is symantec.

Hope this helps...

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Any news?

gumpy
Not applicable
why do you need to create a mailbox for the id ?
i'm having a similiar issue, i think the id running the remote service got corrupted, so i created a new domain id, gave it proper privileges, redid the backup job. backup seems to have backed up the data on the server but still got same error.
any thoughts?