cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d - Delay of 1 hour before backup takes place

Hollinbay
Level 2
We're using backup exec 11d to backup just over 200Gb of data housed on 3 servers. The backup has been running fine and taking just over 9 hours to complete until quire recently.

Now the backup is taking nearly 13 hours. Reviewing the backup logs when Backup Exec is starting it is waiting 1 hour before it starts to backup the first item in the selection. When it finishes it then waits 1 further hour before it continues and backs up the second item in the selection list.

Heres an example:
Backup Job starts at 21:00
Backup Exec starts backing up data on C: at 22:00
Backup Exec finishes backing up data on C: at 01:03
Backup Exec does nothing for 1 hour
Backup Exec starts backing up data on D: at 02:03
etc

Does any one know what may be causing this? Strangely after the local selections have been backed up, and Backup Exec has wasted 4 hours doing nothing, the rest of the backup goes through as it always has.

Any Idea's and/or resolutions would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards
Arron Warner

1 REPLY 1

AndrewWilcz
Level 2

I have very similar problem in our case we are backing server with data spread on a few logical drives.The back-up was running ok for a few months. But now, for each drive before the data is back-up the Back-up pause for about 30-40 minutes. I tried to back-up some selected small files from that server and the Back-up paused for about 40 minutes showing the job-status as “pre-processing”.I have back-up some files from another machine on the same network and the back-up take place without any delay.

Anybody know what cause the delays and how to fix it.

Help would be much appreciated.

Andrew Wilczynski