cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d error 1067 - Problem installing SQL Server 2005 Express

KptnKMan
Level 2
Hi all,

I'm attempting to install BackupExec 11d and I get an error 1067 everytime the installation process gets to installing SQL Server 2005 Express.

I am running Windows 2003 SP1 with .Net v2.0 installed and have been trying to figure why it refuses to install.

It seems from sifting through my logs and messing with install routines that the error occurs just before the SQL Express 2k5 finishes installing, and is caused by the SQL service itself being unable to start.

I've tried manually installing SQL 2k5 Express but it errors at the same point, even during a manual install separate from BackupExec 11d. However, after seeing that BackupExec failed I decided to reinstall the server (It was a fresh build anyway) and applied SP1 and install just BackupExec 11d. I still get the same failure.

I can post my install logs if required.

Thanks.

K.
3 REPLIES 3

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
K,

Go to add/remove programs and check to see if these programs are still listed.

Microsoft SQL Server native Client
Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files
Microsoft SQL Server VSS writer
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Backward Compatibility.

If they are, remove them and try the install again.

KptnKMan
Level 2
Hi,
Thanks for your advice, however, I did do that.
I uninstalled all SQL related software and even downloaded the SQL software remover tool from the microsoft site and restarted. Still no joy unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.

K.

KptnKMan
Level 2
Hi,
Thanks for your advice, however, I did do that.
I uninstalled all SQL related software and even downloaded the SQL software remover tool from the microsoft site and restarted. Still no joy unfortunately.

Thanks for your help.

K.