cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d for SBS2003 with CPS

Bob_Crook
Level 3
Partner
I have purchased and installed "11d" by downloading from Symantec. There are supposed to be DLO's included in purchase but there is nothing in software downloaded. Please advise.
8 REPLIES 8

Bob_Crook
Level 3
Partner
I originally downloaded just one file "BEWS_11D_CPS_32BIT-X64". Was I supposed to download another one? If I was this is not clear anywhere that I have seen on the site.

Simon_1976
Level 4
Partner
Hi Bob,

There is no separate install package for DLO, the source file of this option was included in the main product CD.

you can install this option and use it to protect no more than five desktop or laptop computers without addition DLO license.

Simon_1976
Level 4
Partner
I think you should download the BEWS install pack rather than CPS install pack.
the install CD for BEWS and BEWS for SBS is same, but the license key is different, you can only use the license for BEWS SBS when you install BEWS on Microsoft Small Business Server.

Bob_Crook
Level 3
Partner
Where? I must be blind because I do not see it.

Bob_Crook
Level 3
Partner
I did install BEWS for SBS on SBS2003 Server

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

There is no seperate installation of BEWS for SBS. Only the Licenses are different.

Check on the BE Console, whether DLO option is activated from Tools > Desktop and Laptop Option ?

Have you also activated DLO option while installing BE on server for the first time ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query

Thank you
Gauri

Bob_Crook
Level 3
Partner
Time for clarification please. I wanted and paid for Backup Exchange 11d for Small Business Server 2003 with CPS. Yet you are telling me that that is NOT what I should download and install. Correct?

DanielBickford
Level 6
Employee Certified
Backup Exec for Small Business Server is the same download as Backup Exec for Windows Servers.
The License key is what makes it the SBS edition because it unocks all the necessary components for SBS.
CPS is a separate download, and the only license you need to enable Continuous Protection Agent is an Agent for Windows Servers License (this will be needed during the install of the CPS compoenent)
I hope this clears it up.