cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d upgarde failure

Patrick_Chan
Level 4
A few months ago, I had upgraded from 8.6 to 10d, it's fine.

And just want to upgrade from 10d to 11d. In fact, it should be installed in successfully during installation.

Unfortunately, two of services could not be started on backup server after reboot.

"Backup Exec Job Engine"
"Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems"

How to solved it please ?

On the other hand, I just found many messages from forum to talk about 11d is not a stable version. Even go back to 9 or 10 version, is it true ?

If I really cannot solve it, how to go back to 10d, uninstall or others. Please give me more commentary.

Thanks a lot !
3 REPLIES 3

Patrick_Chan
Level 4
>Unfortunately, two of services could not be started on backup server after reboot.

>"Backup Exec Job Engine"
>"Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems"

Oh, crazy... It needs to re-enter all password for services startup (w/ specific account). But all services were normally runnung as before ???... OK now

In meantime, I have one additional problem. I cannot not find how to remote install "Remote Agents for Windows" to remote server ? it's not same as 10d version again... :(

OR locally install on remote server?

Can help please ? Thanks !

David_Sanz
Level 6
Partner
Patrick

If you want to revert to a prevoius version, you should first uninstall 11d and then install the previous version.

The deployment of the remote agent is as it was, from Tools -> Deploy remote agents. If you want to add serial numbers, go to Tools -> Serial numbers and installation.

Also 11d allows the remote agent installation locally on the remote machine with the Backup Exec CD, there's a option on the Installation screen.

Regards

Patrick_Chan
Level 4
David,

I got it.

Thanks and regards