cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 11d will not install

Philip_D
Level 5
Hello everyone.

It seems that Backup Exec 11d will not install on my server no matter what I do.  When I get to the menu to select Local Install or Remote Install, I can check one off Local Install, but the options to Install Backup Exec or the Remote Administrator console are grayed out, and the radio button is automatically selected for installing the Remote Adminstration Console.

I've previously installed 10d, upgraded to 11d and then to 12.5, then uninstalled BE completely.  Then when trying the same upgrade path again, this happened.  I have spent an innumerable amount of time searching for an answer to this problem and trying everything I can think of with absolutely no luck.  Some help would be most appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

chicojrman
Level 6
So are you doing another upgrade from 10 to 11 to 12.5 and running intothis issue?

Philip_D
Level 5
Correct.  I can and have installed 10d just fine, and I can install install 12.5 just fine, but I can't install 11d.  It's important that I can take the upgrade path from 10d to 11d to 12.5 because I have a good amount of jobs to Copy from an older server, and as far as I know, jobs can't be copied between different versions of BE.

Also, even if I uninstall 10d, I can't install 11d.  Again, no matter what, I can't install 11d.