cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.0 Remote agent user rights

Tim_Ho
Level 3
I am have issue push-install the backup Exec remote agent, I was wondering what user rights are needed for the backup exec service account on the media server and the targeted remote server?  I keep on getting error for RPC and unable to access remote registry error when trying to remote install the agent on other servers in the domain.  The account used is is domain admins.
What I found got so far in the admin guide for the Backup Exec services:

* Authenticate as any user and gain access to resources under any user identity or Act as a part of Operating System
* Create a token object, which can then be used to access any local resources.
* Log on as a service.
* Administrative rights (provides complete and unrestricted rights to the computer).
* Backup operator rights (provides rights to restore files and directories).
* Manage auditing and security log.

Also, do we need "log on as a batch job" or  "Replace a process token" for the remote agent push install to work?  Can someone please provide me with doc or referances that states the necessary user rights needed.
4 REPLIES 4

tech29
Level 6

Hi There,

This link should help you out:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/244066.htm

if that doesn't work you may try doing a silent/local install of remote agent.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/258982.htm

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Regards,
tech29

Tim_Ho
Level 3
I know I am able to install if I log on locally for manual install.  But I have hundreds of server so I would like to be able to perform a native function of the app.  I checked, remote registry server is started and permission is good.
I am looking for user right needed for each targeted server where the remote agent is to be installed.  Oh also getting “Attempt to connect to server \\xxxxxx failed with the following error:  The system cannot find the path specified.”

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Tim_Ho
Level 3
Thanks
This is exactly what I was looking for.  Now for the test.