cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 Exchange backup ends at 1:49AM, job continues till 3PM next day

BradleyF
Level 2
Hello,

I have an issue where I have a seperate Exchange backup that is doing an infostore backup that runs at 2GB/min and when looking at the logs shows the two stores are backed up by 1:49am, but the job continues to 3PM the next day. I've disabled verification, any other ideas?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Is it running on stand alone tape drive?
Was it doing updating catalog at the point of time? Also provide the detail about the exchange and BE

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you are using a standalone tape drive, check that there is no outstanding alert for you to remove the tape.

BradleyF
Level 2
I have a standalone tape drive, no alerts or errors. It's an IBM Ultrium LTO 4 connected via SAS. I'm running Exchange 2007 with 165 users, approximately 46 GB worth of data in the mailboxes.  Speed fluctuated to 24 hours to run the complete backup on Friday/Saturday.

Thanks!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I agree with sazz and pkh

the way that it is written, BackupExec  keeps the job clock running until all outstanding alerts are responded to

If you have selected Eject-on-End as part of the job description, then  for most modern drives, Backup Exec will post an Alert to "Remove the tape and press OK", the job clock will contunue to run

Either remove the Eject-on-End from the job description or set the option to Auto Respond "OK" to this alert

pkh
   VIP    Certified
In the Device and Media section of the job property, uncheck the Eject media after job completes option and see what happens.