nia
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi,

I have the following installation:

1 Robotic library with 1x Tape drive
1 Media Server in CASO mode
2 Management servers.

I have imported the SAN license and I want to have the same tape drive used by all 3 media servers.
Do I need the Library expansion option?

5 REPLIES 5

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Do I need the Library expansion option? - No.

nia
Level 5
Partner Accredited
I though so.
The weird thing is that I have an alert that says I need the expansion.

Can you check the screenshots I have uploaded in the original post to tell me your opinion?
What I am doing wrong?

Regards,
Nikos 

marcogsp
Level 6
When you click through the above sequence, does it show that Robotic Library support is enabled?

Supposedly a single robotic library with one drive is supported without extra licensing.  I have to wonder if BEWS is interpreting the single drive HP1 as a multiple device despite being designated as shared storage.  There is a possibility of a faulty license key for the general product, not the specific feature involved.  This would not be the first time that a legitimate feature was somehow limited by a faulty license key.  I recently helped a participant in the BESR forum diagnose a faulty license key issue.  They had to work with Symantec licensing to get the issue resolved, but it did enable the product to the feature level advertised for the basic product afterward.

nia
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Robotic library support is enabled on all Media servers.
I think I should talk directly to symantec about the licenses they provided us...
I will keep you informed.
Any other idea is accepted...

Thanks, 

nia
Level 5
Partner Accredited
It seems that there is other issue.
When I click on devices "HP1" there are 2 devices under it:
HP2 - the tape drive and
Slots - the slots of the library.
I created a device pool, and all the servers working with this one but the issue remains.
Under the device pool, 2 devices appear: The tape drive and the slots.
Is there any solution with this one?