cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 and Exchange 2003 Public Folder Store

Joe_Fahs
Level 2

Hi All,

I am having some trouble with Backup Exec 12.5. I have been trying to restore a Public Folder Store. I realize that you can't use a recovery storage group, and I have effectively re-created a new exchange server to run the restore to.

Whenever I try to run the restore, it completes the mailbox portions, but never finishes the Public Folder, saying that the database was still mounted. I have checked the system manager to make sure that the database was no longer mounted and that it is possible to be overwritten during restores. I even deleted the database form the server, allowed System Manager to create a new database and ran the restore again. Still no luck. Is there some option that I am missing here?

The server is running SBS 2003. The current exchange organization is Exchange 2007 but that is a separate server and the Backup Exec logs show the restore is going to the correct server, so I don't think that is the current issue. Is there a way to get just the .edb files restored using re-direction or something similar?

Thanks,

Joe
1 REPLY 1

Joe_Fahs
Level 2