cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 can no longer see individual mailboxes below specific backup

DarienA69
Level 3

I have a backup of my exchange 2003 store from a bit back that I've moved from tape to a disk based folder so that I can extract email from it. I had run a few restores from this disk based copy of the store with no problem. However the last restore failed with a communications failure has occurred (looking at the backup exec job details). Now when I go to that IMG media to attempt to do another restore I can no longer see mailboxes below the store level. I can see the storage group levels, and when I select the plus to expand it I get nothing.

Looking in the actual physical IMG folder I can see that the store is still there, but for some reason the mailboxes are not not being displayed.

Other old restores that are still on tape I can see their mailboxes fine its just this disk based img that suddenly no longer shows the mailboxes. I've tried to inventory it and catalog it, both completed successfully but still nothing.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...have you changed your backup to GRT? Could explain why you no longer see the backups, as it isn't a brick-level backup which would take longer.