cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 cannot identify HP LTO 1/8 Ultrium-3 Auto G2

Olympia69
Level 3

Hi guys,

I just changed the cable from 1/8 LTO Ultrium-2 (HP2) to 1/8 LTO Ultrium-3 G2 (HP3), using the same server and Backup Exec 12.5. The NT Device Manager indicates the HP3, as it used to indicate HP2, previously. I haven't touched the terminators of both machines. Everything is fine till this moment. Then I stopped and started the BE services. However, under section "Devices" of BE, there is no any indication of Robotic Libraries (it has to show the HP3).

Can you tell me, please, what should I do, in order to recognize HP3 by the BE 12.5? Step by step instructions, please. I guess I need some drivers.

Thank you in advance.

22 REPLIES 22

Olympia69
Level 3

I have changed the SCSI ID of the drive (LUN) from "4" to "0" through the Command View MSL. Rebooted the server. Restarted the services of Backup Exec. No any results - BE still identify the machine only as a standalone device.

The file name of the driver that I installed is "cp015518.exe ".

The model of the SCSI terminator that is plugged-in is "Ultra 320 LVD/SE MSKL R8000-01A", is it suitable enough for the autoloader?  Also

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

OK...go back to Device Manager...if the robotics doesn't show up there, then follow pkh's advice and log the call with HP.

Olympia69
Level 3

-----Original Message-----
From: HPSupport_Global [mailto:wfm@g5u0677c.atlanta.hp.com]
Sent: 23 February 2012 14:15
To: ***

Subject: <CASE:****>

Hello ***,

Thank you for contacting HP.

This is regarding the case number ***** logged for Auotloader issue with HP 1/8 Ultrium 920 G2 Tape Autoloader.

Further to our telephonic conversation,please find our observation:

As we see the new Autoloader (Ultrium 3) is not getting detecting in device manager as well as by L&TT, however the old autoloader (ultrium 2) is detected by both, we can conclude that the ports on the server is working fine and we suspect it to be a Hardware failure with the autoloader (ultrium 3) and recommend to check the chasis or the power, supplied to it.

Contact us:

ITRC:

Use Support Case Manager (Link is given below) to update your case, it will generate a sub case which will get our immediate attention.

Please update this case at the earliest with the requested details at the following  link:<http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/scm/home/>

The above link will also provide you with the current status of case.

Phone:

If you are contacting us by phone, kindly contact us at 0845161 0050 : for contract/carepack calls and 08451610030: for warranty.

Helpdesk will create a subcase which will be routed to the support engineer.

Thank you again for contacting HP.

Regards,

Technical Solutions Consultant

HP Server Support