cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 for Windows Server wont backup SQL 2000

Talon_kale
Level 2
Partner
Can anyone help me with a small problem im having with Backup Exec 12.5. Basically we have a backup job that runs at 9pm every night and backs up to a NAS device. This job backs up a number of shared folders, the system state and 2 versions of SQL (2000, and 2005). Up last week everything was fine, now im getting an error every time the job runs. The reports comes back saying

"Job ended: 10 September 2009 at 03:12:57 Completed status: Failed Final error: 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again. Final error category: Resource Errors For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932"

And

"Backup- ANTAR-PROGM\SQL2005
Unable to attach to ANTAR-PROGM\SQL2000. V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and ... Unexpected end of backup set encountered on Wednesday Programming. V-79-57344-34004 - End of data set was unexpectedly encountered. "

This job is using the SQL agent, however i have tried manually stopping all the SQL services to see if it helps which it didnt. If we create a new job to backup SQL 2000 it runs fine. We created an entirely new job and put it on a similar schedule to the previous job and get the same error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Symboy
Level 6
Accredited Certified
 HI 

When you created the new job , whether you used the same selectioon list or that was also new . What I believe is that selection list might be corrupted as it works fine if you create new job .

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Is anything scanning that SQL database during your backup window? An antivirus, or SQL maintenance jobs itself? Do you have anybody that might be putting that SQL DB into a maintenance mode?

Anup
Level 6
Certified
This Does not look like an error that you get while backing up SQL databases. Either the selections aer corrupt or communication issues between Backup Server and SQL server

Talon_kale
Level 2
Partner
Sorry for the delay in replying

We have used the same selection list and created a new scheduled job from a new list and the problem is the same. There is nothing running on the server that should be interfering with SQL 2000 that we can find. backup exec and SQL 2000 are on the same server which so i dont think it could be communication error. also the job works fine when not run on the schdule. The job run fine if we remove sql but each time we add any of the SQL 2000 databases (7 in total i think) the job failes with the same error.

Thanks