cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 on Server 2003 Enterprise

Digerati
Level 4
Hi All, I have installed BE 12.5 on Server 2K3 Enterprise edition, I am getting the following errors frequently ; the server is always online with loads of resources available for the Backup Jobs ; its been scheduled properly so the jobs won't over lap ; Also, their is one job which shouldn't take the amount of time its taking and eventually I have to cancel it every morning myself ; this is my first time on Backup Exec and I will be grateful for any help/suggestions provided. We are trying to BackUp : a) TWO Virtual Machines running on Virtual Server 2005R2 on the same host as the BackUp Exec is running b) Data Partition inside each VM's c) Some data directories off the local hard drives The errors are as follows : e000e020 - The job was scheduled to run, but the availability window closed before the job could start. There may not have been any destination devices available during the window, or the job may have been submitted to run when the window was closed. E0008445 Thanks and Regards
3 REPLIES 3

Digerati
Level 4

DR0701
Level 5
Hi there

Do you have multiple jobs running for these resources, or is everything getting backed up within one job?

Digerati
Level 4
Hi DR0701,

Thank you for your reply, We have multiple jobs running for these resources.

Our data backup requirement is as follows :

We have the VM Agents installed/licensed as well.

a) TWO Virtual Machines running on Virtual Server 2005R2 on the same host as the BackUp Exec is running.

b) Some data directories off the local hard drives

Any suggestions?

Thanks