cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12 has long pauses between servers

Adam_L
Level 2

I am just curious about this. I am running backup exec 12 on a 2003 server. We had some issues with are old lto4 backup using a quantum superloader 3. We have purchased the same superloader 3 but with a lto 6 drive in it. At first the nightly backups were great and only taking about 3 hours to back up about 80 gb across all servers. The other night the backup ran but took about 12 hours to complete. Last nights backup was 6 1/2 hours, this spans over 13 servers and only grabs data that has been modified that day. I noticed though there was a time lapse of 3 1/2 hours between 2 of the servers and their jobs. The one that took 12 hours to complete had multiple spans of inactive time between servers.

This is nothing for me to be to concerned with since the backups are running with in a time frame that nothing is being changed on the network. I am curious to see if anyone has ever seen anything like this before though.

Thank you in advance,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adam_L
Level 2

Last night I hoped on at the right time and saw what was going on between 2 of the servers. It looks like its the processing of the snap shot that is taking over 3 hours to complete. I did some more research on it and found some forums that may help. So at this point I would say this is closed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
I don't think BE 12 support LTO6 and BE 12 has long since EOL

Adam_L
Level 2

BE12 Does support LTO 6 with no issues what so ever. I know BE 12 is EOL awhile ago. This is not the issue though. I am not having an issue of backing up any of my data. Each night is roughly 80GB and a full is over 2 TB . The backups run fine and all data is saved to the tapes.

What I am wondering is if anyone has ever seen the time delay between backing up of data. It finishes backing up data on one server and then waits 3 1/2 hours before it goes to the next. Like I said it is touching 13 servers and this only happened 1 time during last nights backup. So its one chuck of time for 3 1/2 hours that it seems no data or anything is being backup or doing anything.

Just want to state it has nothing to do with supporting the newer technology or what version I am using. When we first put the new machine in place I had 80 GB backing up to the tape within 3 hours no problems what so ever. But now I am seeing 6 1/2 hours for same job and around the same amount of data. With a 3 1/2 hours of what seems its in a pause state.

Adam

Adam_L
Level 2

Last night I hoped on at the right time and saw what was going on between 2 of the servers. It looks like its the processing of the snap shot that is taking over 3 hours to complete. I did some more research on it and found some forums that may help. So at this point I would say this is closed.