cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 15

jagomez_sv
Level 3

Hello

I NEED help! I installed Backup Exec 15 on a Windows 2008 and Dell TL2000  storage.

Installing BE 15 normally but I want to add in the BE storage but is not being recognize in the library.

I check on the OS and it was recognized but when I check up at the TL2000 the instalation is not working. 

what I have to do to install the TL2000 my BE 15?

6 REPLIES 6

lmosla
Level 6

can you see the device in Windows?

what errors or issues are occurring when you try to add the TL2000?

Use the following document to help troubleshoot  http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH24414

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Are you using SAS to connect your server to your TL2000? 

What HBA are you using?  make sure it is not a RAID HBA, unless it is supported.

jagomez_sv
Level 3

Thank you for your help

If the device is in disposotivos windows installed to make the option of adding on BE Store idle to see the device and power is used in Wizar BE perform without giving any error message.

On the type of card that I am using to connect to the server the driver is a DELL SAS-6GB-HBA.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Make sure that, in the Windows Device Manager, the tape library shows up as an Unknown Medium Changer with a Microsoft driver and the tape drive has a Symantec driver.  Both devices must be functioning correctly in the Windows Device Manager, otherwise BE cannot use them.

2) For the HBA, the driver name is not good enough.  You should check that the HBA does not support RAID.  If it support RAID, then get the actual HBA name and check it against the document referenced earlier.

=============

If you are not comfortable posting in English, post in your native language and we will use Google Translate to read your post.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hope it is a Win 2008 64-bit media server and not 32-bit.

Are there any errors/warnings in the Windows Event Viewer and the adamm.log ?

jagomez_sv
Level 3

commenting to that because of their contributions. make a card upgrade and BE.

After making it all worked well.

greetings