Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory and catolog operation on deduplication folder poduces errors

dss_thinktank
Level 4

Hi,

Env: BE 2014 V-Ray + Win 2008 R2

I tried to do inventory and catalog operation for deduplication folder (started from Storage tab by right click of mouse etc.).

Result was that inventory went fine but catalog produces erros with some of the "empty" OST files, but not with all.

f.ex:

Drive and media mount requested: 3.9.2015 12:54:06
V-79-57344-33029 - Error - Mount failed.
Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier.

Media GUID: {F336AD41-EC9A-4286-BB5E-93773723B305}
V-79-57344-33029 - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media
Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier.

Is this normal behaviour or does this mean that some files in dedpulication folder are corrupted and useless?

\br

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dss_thinktank
Level 4

I deleted and recreated deduplication folder to recover from this.

Additional problem which may have been caused by deleting deduplication folder (=destination in existing backup task) was that existing deduplication task which contained two additional duplication stages, 1. to tape (started immediatedly), 2. to disk (scheduled at later time), started to duplicate two latest full backups from deduplication folder to disk, duplicate to tape was ok all the time. I also had to recreate backup task to fully recover from this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6

Do you have virus scan exclusions set up for the deduplication storage folder?

also check for Windows event errors

dss_thinktank
Level 4

I have had  deduplication folder excluded from AV program and also had defined backup exec programs as "safe" in antivirus. I can not find errors in windows logs at time catalog produced errors.

\br

pkh
   VIP    Certified

I would suggest that you log a support case with Symantec so that an engineer can take a look at the dedup folder.  You should also refrain from doing anything further to the dedup folder to avoid aggravating the situation.

dss_thinktank
Level 4

I deleted and recreated deduplication folder to recover from this.

Additional problem which may have been caused by deleting deduplication folder (=destination in existing backup task) was that existing deduplication task which contained two additional duplication stages, 1. to tape (started immediatedly), 2. to disk (scheduled at later time), started to duplicate two latest full backups from deduplication folder to disk, duplicate to tape was ok all the time. I also had to recreate backup task to fully recover from this.