cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 13.0 Rev. 4164 - Backup Exec 2010 revision 2896 Hotfix 348284

barv17
Level 3

Hi There,

We have just upgraded from Backup Exec 12.0d to Back Exec 2010 R2. We have a Exchange 2007 Cluster and since the upgrade it cannot find the Cluster when we try to install the Remote Agent. We can see both nodes but it does not backup the Information Store when selecting them through the selections in the Backup Job. It see's the Cluster through the selections but when I highlight it, it does not see the Information Store so errors out in the Job.

I think it could be fixed using the BE 2010 revision 2896 hotfix 348284 but when I try to install it it comes up with this error;

'The installer cannot install the patch because the BEWS 13.0.2896.0 program being upgraded maybe missing or the patch updates a different version of the program. Verify that BEWS 13.0.2896.0 exists on your computer and that you have the correct patch'

Is the version of Backup Exec incorrect or missing updates? I am not sure.

below is my environment;

Backup Exec 13.0 Rev 4164 (64bit) Trial Version until we get our licence through

Media Server - Windows Storage Server 2003 x64

Exchange - Exchange 2007 clustered environment

Any help is much appreciated.

regards

Bhavin

13 REPLIES 13

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello 

Hotfix 348284 is for BE2010 not for BE2010 R2.

barv17
Level 3

Thanks for your response,

So does this mean the hotfix would already be included the version of Backup Exec 2010 R2?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Bhavin,

Best thing in this case is to either run a LiveUpdate and patch BE 2010 R2 with the available patches, or download the patches manually and run them on your media server.

Either way, once done, you need to do a push-install from your media server to your remote agents. This will update them.

Once completed, try see if you can see Exchange.

Please post the results.

Thanks!

barv17
Level 3

Cheers Craig,

Just running the Live update now. It found the hotfix 140360. Not sure what this one is but we'll soon find out.

i'll let you know how I got on.

Thanks

Bhavin

AmolB

Till date 5 hotfixes have been released for BE2010 R2, 6th HF will be on air this week.

Link for the 6th HF http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH138226

barv17
Level 3

Hi Guys,

After running the Live updates and installing them all. I still cannot see the INformation store on the cluster. When i try to mark the box next to our cluster (LONEXCHCCR) it says make sure the correct remote agent is installed but when tryong to install the remote agent on it it says 'make sure WMI is enabled and that is not blocked by a firewall 1203'.

I have turned off the firewall and started the WMI service but this has not worked.

Any ideas?

Regards

Bhavin

AmolB

Have you tried local install ?

barv17
Level 3

Hi AmolZeroCool,

I have just tried that. Used the insttuctions under

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH128757

I went to my media server and still says 'none' under my cluster server.

Any other ideas guys?

regards

Bhavin

CraigV

Hi Bhavin,

3 more things you can try...otherwise I can escalate for you if nobody else is able to point you in the right direction:

1. Completely uninstall the remote agent on each node, and restart them. Then try manually installing RAWS. It could be that during the upgrade, you corrupted something along the line.

2. Make sure that the RAWS service is started up correctly (I know you said you can see your IS...just to eliminate this!).

3. Restart your media server...sometimes resolves issue.

Post back...

barv17
Level 3

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your response.

I have reinstalled the remote agents (not manually) but from the media server.

I will reboot the media server and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Bhav

CraigV

Hi Bhav,

Did you come right here?

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver

Just for info of barv17 - always runs LiveUpdate at least twice when applying hotfixes - if we have released a rollup or service pack then it will only show itself until it is applied and then running liveupdate again will show the hotfixes that then depend on that rollup or servcie pack.

Also in general if you take the number of a hotfix and add it to the end of

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH

then it should give you the release notes (and manual download link)

As such 140360 is

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH140360

John_Bonaccorso
Level 4

Hi Bhavin,

Don't know if this will help you or not.  I've found that the following things interfere with the push install of both the agents themselves and the updates:

UAC

DEP

Local Security policy needs to include the following in both Network access: Remotely accessible registry paths & subpaths:

SOFTWARE\Symantec

ALSO if you get error 1603 Unable to access network path ...

Chances are your "My Documents" folder is being redirected to a network path.  This causes a remote execution of the windows installer to bomb out.  Either use an account whose folders are not being redirected by GPO or filter yourself out of it. 

A lot of BE's errors are misleading as to what the real problem is, I've found this stuff out by chisleing away at them one at a time.  The push would fail for one reason or another and I'd resolve that one only to find out that a setting in my environment was masking the real reason it was failing.  Mostly came down to that redirected folder.

Hope this helps.

John Bonaccorso

network Engineer