cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 Catalogs Growing

Chrissy_Ginther
Level 3

We recently upgraded to Backup Exec 2010 and since then our Catalogs folder has inccreased around 40GB.  This is only in a 4 week period.  My Catstore folder is only about 400MB so that is not the cause.  Any one else notice this?

Thx,

Chrissy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

@itsmeaffinity Job logs will not be saved under Catalogs folder, will get saved in Data folder. 

Try to use Truncate catalogs after x days option.

Refer: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH130384

Regards...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

Can you see if your job log are set to use detailed or summary

Thank You

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

@itsmeaffinity Job logs will not be saved under Catalogs folder, will get saved in Data folder. 

Try to use Truncate catalogs after x days option.

Refer: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH130384

Regards...

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi Kiran

You are right on that part & the link given by you looks to be solution in case

Thank You

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Just be aware the truncate catalogs after X days only takes effect on catalog fiels cerated after the setting was made. Any catalosg cerated before you set truncation wil be subject to the original setting (either none or a longer period) so don't expect to change teh setting and for it to have an instant effect.

Of course that might be the cause of your problem if the upgrade has somehow removed the settinhg to truncate (although I doubt if this is the cause).

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Any news here?

Hope you query got answered. If so, please mark the solution and close the discussion.

Regards...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...another option is to move your catalogs to a location with enough free space. Move either the old catalogs, or all of them.

Alternatively, delete older catalogs...it just means that when you need to restore data from a tape whose catalog was deleted, you would need to recatalog it.

Chrissy_Ginther
Level 3

I guess the solution will be to truncate the catalogs.  Storage isn't the issue here, just wondering why they would grow so much after the upgrade. Update to the file fomat or something.  Anyhow support wasn't much help either.  They wanted me to make some configuration changes to test for them.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi Chrissey Ginther,

I said the same in my first post. So, can you please mark that as solution?

Thanks...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Kiran: I reassigned the solution to you :)

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Craig...