cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 Installation Database Error

Swiss_Admin
Level 2
Hi,

i just tried to install 2010 BE with no luck. We had to uninstall 12.5 on the server, then clicked the 2010 installer and
works fine until the very end where this error msg appears :

<translated from german>

The version of the BE database that you intend to use does not match with the installed version.
the database has undergone schema changes that mismatch with the installed .exe. installation
cannot continue.

Also uninstallting the sql express completely and renaming the leftover directories had no effect.

PLEASE HELP !

thanks,

Michael

Server is a 2008 R2 with terminal services running , if that makes any difference.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Legacy entries would be installation directories that weren't removed, registry entries etc.
Are you running that installation through Terminal Services, and if so, does it have the correct admin rights to do this?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Hi Michael,

Is that in a live production environment, or a test environment?
I'd suggest looking at uninstalling the version of SQL you're using as well to make sure there are no legacy entries left, and then try the installation of BEWS2010 again.

Cheers!

Swiss_Admin
Level 2
Hello Craig,

i did uninstall SQL Express 2005, unfortunately that did not make any difference :(

What exactly do you mean with legacy entries ?

Yes, it is a productive environement.

Michael

CraigV
Legacy entries would be installation directories that weren't removed, registry entries etc.
Are you running that installation through Terminal Services, and if so, does it have the correct admin rights to do this?

Swiss_Admin
Level 2
Problem solved, thanx craig !!!

On 2008 Terminal Server do use the "Install Application" Button in the control panel and
use different directories for BE and SQL Express installation.

thanks a lot !!

CraigV
Cool...glad it helped, and if it did, can you close it off? =)
We haven't got any Server 2008 servers in our environment yet, but that's coming next year, and I want to upgrade to BEWS 2010 around March 2010.

Cheers!