cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 R3

Joe_P_
Level 2

Hello community!

As the title indicates I am running BE 2010R3, not for resale because I work for a NPO health center. I am trying to backup my Exchange information and it keeps giving me this error:

Final error: 0xe0001201 - For this operation, the Backup Exec Virtual File Filter (VFF) driver must be installed on the media server.  The VFF driver is installed when you install any of the following Backup Exec agents or options:

Exchange Agent
Active Directory Recover Option
VMware Virtual Infrastructure Agent
Microsoft Virtual Server Agent
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-4609

Now before anyone responds that this has already been reported, I've looked and the only related issue I found is here. The issue is that I registered my product at the time of install I didn't wait so my program wasn't set up in evaluation mode. I have also run the VirtFile command and it returns:

c:\>FLTMC

Filter Name                     Num Instances Frame
------------------------------  ------------- -----
VirtFile                                0       1
eeCtrl                                  3       1
SymEvent                                     <Legacy>
DfsDriver                                    <Legacy>
Datascrn                                0       0
Quota                                   0       0

Other helpful info; Yes I've patched my program with LiveUpdate, I've tried to remove my key reboot and reinstall it to no avail. I also have the Exchange agent installed. Any help or ideas are welcome, if I missed something just point me in the right direction as I am new to this product.

Thank you all so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joe_P_
Level 2

This issue has been resolved.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Joe_P_
Level 2

This issue has been resolved.