cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 - Restore - Cannot extract mailbox

vayala
Level 2

Guys,

I need some help, please. I've been trying to restore a mailbox from our backups but I keep getting this message:

Restore 00124 -- The job failed with the following error: Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.

This user left the company almost a year ago and now top management needs his email to be restored from backups since his account has been deleted from exchange.

I would really appreciate your help and opinions.

Thank you

-Victor

3 REPLIES 3

vayala
Level 2

Herer is some more addtional info:

Error category    : Resource Errors
Error             : e00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759

Restore
V-79-57344-759 - Unable to complete the operation for the selected resource using the specified opti...
n/a

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...if the account was deleted from Exchange, you can select the option to recreate the account. However, just do a redirected restore of his items which should take care of that!

vayala
Level 2

CraigV,

Thanks for your suggestion but it did not work. I keep getting the same error. It seems that backup exec is having trouble extracting that specific mailbox from the exhange database.

Thanks a lot anyway...!

any other suggestions?