cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 - Restore

Zajel_Communica
Not applicable

Hi,

We have two servers whch is configured for two different domains Server1 and Server2.  Both servers are having Symantec Backup Exec 2010, Server1 runs over Windows 2008 SBS Premium with LTO4 Tape Drives and Server2 with Windoes Server 2008 stantard and LTO4 Tape Drive.

In order to check the validity of backup, to avoid any hicups at the time of emergency, i tried to restore few folders from Server2 on Server1 using Backup Exec 2010 without copying the catelog to Server1.

After cateloging the Server2 LTO4 Media, i could able to see the SERVER1 backed up folders and select the folders on LTO4 Server1. But when i try to restore it, i am getting login error.

On Server2 we are backingup with Administratior user. However on Server1 we are backing up with xyz user.

Can any one help me out in solving this issue and restoring the files in case SERVER2 fails or viceversa?

Is it really required to copy the catelogs each time when we run the backup ?

Best Regards

Ren

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Ren,

Try a redirected restore on Server 2 of Server 1's data...

That said, having 2 different user accounts for your BESA makes life tough. If you have a domain in place, it is a requirement that your BESA be a domain admin at a bare minimum. This will also ensure you only have 1 account for both servers.

If you don't, and you're working on a workgroup, you can get around this by having local admin accounts with the same name and password on both servers. Make sure that these are the default system accounts within BE, and that the services are started up correctly with them.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

That sounds like a credentials problem more than a catalogs issue

I assume you inventoried teh media before attempting catalogs (mind you I would expect the catalog to fail if you hadn't)

Are you using restricted accounts on either server?

Is encryption involved?

etc