cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010, Slow Exchange 2003 (Information Stores) Backups

thebearot
Level 2

Hey Everyone,

As title says, my backup jobs have been running really slow after I made a set of new jobs. In attempt to separate the problems, I narrow down the job so that only one mailstore is targeted, the rest are put on hold. The job completed, but only after 29 hours. The setup is - 1 server as DC hosts Backup Exec 2010 and 1 server running Exchange and Backup Exec Remote Agent. Both server are in the same local network.

Any quick suggestions on the steps I should first take to solve this issue??

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

what happens if you revert to your old jobs?

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

what happens if you revert to your old jobs?

Thanks!

thebearot
Level 2

Hey CraigV,

I believe the only old jobs that I have are backups that are for other servers, none of them hosts Information Store. Anyhow, I will run them and see how fast they go. Will let you know.

Thanks!!

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello there,

Can you post the Job log which will give the idea about which resourse is taking how much time to backup? It will also point to that resource which is slower in backups.

Thanks,

-Sush...

thebearot
Level 2

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the replies. I had been focusing my attention somewhere else and forgot to come back and check your suggestions. I did not check the logs (somehow it didn't occur to me that i should've checked the log first) but I believe I have found the cause of the issue.

The B2D folder that I setup originally is on a RAID-5 drive partitioned into 3 Virtual Disks (Perc 6i). We had DFS and a lot of resource sharings happening on the first 2 VDs while the 3rd VD hosts B2D folders and now I have confirmed that this setup indeed slowed down the backup drastically. After moving all shares to a separated RAID-5 drive the job that took 5 hours to complete now takes about 20 minutes.

smiley