Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 remote agent for Windows does not start

LuckyLuke
Level 4
Hello,

I encountered the following problem:
We have configure a new BAckup Exec server (also media server) which is running Backup Exec server 2010, and is doing OK. The server runs Windows 2008 R2 64 bit.
I installed the backup exec 2010 remote agent for windows on 10 servers, to be able to backup them. This was all right, except for one server.
This server runs windows 2003 R2 Service pack 1.
The install procedure for backup exec 2010 remote agent for windows functioned OK, but the service "backup exec remote agent for windows systems" does not start.
It keeps being in the status "starting". The service "backup exec error recording service" is started correctly.
I can also not publish my server to the media server: it says it cannot extract the necessary data from the registry.
As we have also another backup server running backup exec V11.d, i tried installing a V11.d client, with the same result: the service "backup exec remote agent for windows systems" does not start and is also in the status "starting".

Does anyone have any idea what might cause this problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Could you please mark this as resolved

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Make sure MS outlook is set as you default client.. Under Tools-Internet Option- Programs

LuckyLuke
Level 4
Hello,

Thank for the answer, but i do not understand it.
My problem is on the client side with a remote agent which is not starting properly. The server is OK
What has MS Outlook to do with It?

Regards,

Luc vandromme

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi there,

Add your service account as a local admin on that server in question. Once done, uninstall the agent, and from your media server, do a push install instead and see if that fixes it...

Laters!

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
On the client , open IE ---Click on Tools and Internet option --Click on the programs tab
and Over here make sure the Microsoft outlook is set as the default mail client ....
refer the following document http://support.veritas.com/docs/276906

LuckyLuke
Level 4

Hello,

Thank you very much. This proved to be a solution, together with http://seer.support.symantec.com/docs/247931.

Regards,

Luc

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Could you please mark this as resolved