cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2010 vs. HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Autoloader

carles_bonet
Level 3
Dear friend.
I'm desperate with my HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 autoloader. It's connected to a Windows 2003 R2 server througth SCASI.
I use BackupExec 2010 software and I install all the updates avaiable until now.
The problem is that BackupExec does not recognizes the HP system like a library and it's recognized like an alone tape.
I install all the updates, all de drivers HP, all the drivers symantec, etc.... I've read all the forums and documents in the web and I've tried their suggested solutions with no results.
It works perfectly like an alone tape, but I'm missing out on benefits of the HP library.
If anyone can help me with these issue I will be extremely grateful.
Thank you very much.
25 REPLIES 25

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Run the Device Configuration Wizard in Backup Exec and reload the Symantec drivers.

For good measure, restart the services.

After that, just make sure that you job is pointing correctly to the device...it might still be looking at "old/non-existant" hardware giving you that error.

Laters!

carles_bonet
Level 3

The autoloader has the magazines connected to the LUN 1, the same than de connections on the server. However, the drive has the LUN 7 in the system's definition and in the server the LUN is 0. I change it and start a new copy. It seems that it works right.

Was it a possible focus of the problem?

Thanks!!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

LUN 7 is normally always reserved for the SCSI card. If your autoloader had SCSI 7 assigned to it manually, it would definitely have caused a hardware address conflict, causing your issues.

DrewJenner
Level 3

Hi there,

We are in the process of getting a HP P411 SAS controller working with a HP StorageWorks 1/8 G2 autoloader running on a Windows 2003 Virtual Machine. The backup software is Backup Exec 2010 R2.

The issue is that BackupExec and the OS are seeing the autoloader as a stand alone device and not a robotic library.

Our P411 controller supports multiple LUNs so I am guessing the issue lies with VMware ESXi.

Has anyone got the HP P411 or a HBA with multiple LUN support working on an ESXi guest?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should start a new discussion for your problem.

DrewJenner
Level 3

Will do...