cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 Error Message

venomjackal
Level 2

We have Backup Exec 2012 installed with the below version:

Backup Exec Server Version 14 Rev 1798 (64bit)

Administrative Console Version 14 Rev 1798 (64 bit)

We have a backup server BS01 which covers two DC’2 that we backup DC01 and DC02

DC02 (126GB server) backup is failing with the following errors:

Completed status: Failed

Final error: 0xe000848f - Insufficient disk space.

Final error category: Resource Errors

Verify- \\server\System?StateData for \\serverSystem?State\ is corrupt.

Click an exception below to locate it in the job log
Backup- \\server\System?StateVSS Snapshot warning. File c:\program files\windows nt\tabletextservice\en-us\tabletextservice.dll.mui is not present on the snapshot.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\program files\windows nt\accessories\en-us\wordpad.exe.mui is not present on the snapshot.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\program files\windows nt\tabletextservice\tabletextservicedayi.txt is not present on the snapshot.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\program files\windows nt\tabletextservice\tabletextservicesimplifiedshuangpin.txt is not present on the snapshot.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\program files\windows nt\tabletextservice\tabletextservicearray.txt is not present on the snapshot.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\program files\windows nt\tabletextservice\tabletextserviceamharic.txt is not present on the snapshot.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\program files\windows nt\tabletextservice\tabletextserviceyi.txt is not present on the snapshot.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\program files\windows nt\tabletextservice\tabletextservicesimplifiedzhengma.txt is not present on the snapshot.

VSS Snapshot warning. File c:\program files\windows nt\tabletextservice\tabletextservicesimplifiedquanpin.txt is not present on the snapshot.

I have tried changing the Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) usually uses a staging location by default is C\Temp 25.8GB free on the UKHQBS01 server to the E drive (961GB Free). This did not resolve the issue.  The DC02 itself has 93.6GB free as well.

I did notice that turning off GRT option for the backup allowed it successfully complete. Eseentially not allowing me to restore AD object in the event of a problem

Could you please provide some assistance with this problem.

2 REPLIES 2

weibin

Hi Venomjackal,

Please try to apply Backup Exec 2012 Revision 1798 Hotfix 199866:
https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100028177.html

By the way, VERITAS has not provided support for Backup Exec 2012. It is strongly recommended to upgrade to Backup Exec 16 or Backup Exec 20 and with latest updates.

Regards

Thank you for the replay - I will try the hotfix and let you know how I get on.