Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 R2

Nettop
Level 2
Partner

Hello Symantec People

It's now end of september 2013 and still no working backup exec media server on windows server 2012.

what do you think how long the existing symantec customers will wait until they move to another product?

do you have any time table about the new release?

Because you need so long time I hope you go back to the function and feel of backup exec 2010 otherwise I can't accept this delay.

Thanks

Dominik

3 REPLIES 3

Jaydeep_S
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Dominik, sorry for the delay and trouble cause. As tech support we have been told that Media Server support for Windows Server 2012 would provided in next release of Backup Exec. However, there is no eta available for this.

Nettop
Level 2
Partner

Hi Jaydeep

It's OK, but it's not OK that all what I can find is "next release"

Symantec needs to have a time table.

Already I sell to a customer ArcServ because of a new virtual installation only with server 2012.

I've other projects in pipline and if symantec don't push this I need to sell other products.

Greetings

Dominik

Amy_Dugdale
Level 3
Employee

Dominik,

As a member of the BE management team, I wanted you to know that we hear you and know platform support is important to you and your customers. We are working hard to ensure we can provide that support. I will communicate a timeframe as soon as I have one. In the meantime, if you would like to speak directly with me and a senior member of our product management team, please send me a private message. I would be happy to setup a call.

Thanks,
Amy