Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 SBE - License issue

Gavin_Wilby
Level 2
Partner

Hi,

I have the above product installed on SBS 2011 server.

Its all working great, but I have a concern.

On the homepage there is a counter that says "19 Days until one trail expires". I have opened up the "View License Information", and it says that the Small Business Edition Agent will expire in 19 days.

I go to my Install and Licensing and I see that the correct license key for SBS is installed.

So what gives, its contridicting itself!

Gavin.

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Check if the below link helps 

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH183970

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If the core Backup Exec install is on the only server that you are backing up and you have applied an SBE server license then this will show as licensed in the same list of license you saw the trial mentioned against the Agent and you should be OK even after 19 days are reached and this includes the backup of Exchnage or SQL etc on that same server

The SBE Agent is to backup either SQL or Exchnage etc from up to 2 remote servers in addition to the one you installed the core product on and as far as I can tell will show trial mode even if you are not backing up a remote server.

However if you are backing up a remote server then you will at some point need to get an agent license

SBE Agent to backup a supported DB/Application (along with the file system) on a remote system

AWS Agent to backup only the file system in a remote server