Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 2012 exchange backups

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Dear All,

First of all thanks for the help, Im having some issues backing up the exchange DB i have the folowing screen:

2.jpg

As you can see i got the mailboxes but with no size, Now if i want to select the DB file from the source i got a GREY CHECK so i cant backup the file:

4.jpg

Maybe someone can give me some tip about backing up this files

the exchange version is 2007

the master server and the client are on a windows server 2008 std Edition

Thanks again

Alejandro

4 REPLIES 4

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,  Do you have all of the Live Updates installed?  Makes sure the Remote agent has been pushed out to your Exchange server?

manol4ik
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Dear Lmosla

Yep, I Just did the update today to the latest version, The remote agent is running on the client, i did some test backing up plain files and its working, But as I said the mailboxes are located in other drive, so I dont really know if the mailboxes are backing up, if you look in the images you can see that the *edb its in other file system

lmosla
Level 6

This is normal. After the job is ran you can see the Mailboxes are backed up when you create a restore job.  

For individual items restores make sure GRT is enabled in the job.

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello Manol,

To backup your Exchange databases you just need to select them from under the "Microsoft Information Store" node in the selections. There is no need to backup the *edb files seperately from the volume level backup.

Also when backing up from "Microsoft Information Store" it automatically backs up the EDB files and the LOG files of Exchange which means the Mailboxes are also backed up.

Regards,

-Sush...